History of the Bank — the dynamics of success!
In the year 2013 PJSC CB “EUROBANK”* pursued its movement towards developing its retail business which was approved by the Strategy of the year 2012. The main moves to achieve the aforementioned goal were:
- rebranding has been completed: the logo at reception has been replaced as well as frontal signboard, new screens at ATMs and signs at entrance have been put up and what not;
- on 15 May PJSC CB “EUROBANK” launched a new project to deal with provision of long-distance service to clients who order payments cards on the Bank’s website. From now on clients from Kyiv and Kyiv region can obtain a card and PIN-envelope without having to attend the Bank. It is possible to deliver regular debit cards, cards within iDepo deposit as well as credit cards in this way;
- in May the Bank put up the biggest in Ukraine vertical sign on its facade which took the form of a LED screen with the following dimensions: height – 18 meters and width - 2,23 meters;
- on 1 August the Bank launched the software package of Lira call center. This product possesses wide functionality, it is easily scaled and integrated with ATS of the Bank and in the long run it shall be compatible with MS Dynamics CRM system. Thanks to Lira software package the Bank obtained a chance to improve the quality of service, tighten control over call center as well as to record phone calls;
- in August the Bank harmonized its credit card product range. Some new products have been introduced that are aimed at specific segment of clients. Также In whole PJSC CB “EUROBANK” offers credit cards for such segments of clients:
- payroll customers (overdraft payroll card)
- bank depositors (credit card for a depositor and a credit card against deposit)
- directors and founding shareholders of legal entities
- employees of legal entities with number of personnel from 15 employees
- employees of 200 biggest companies of Kyiv and Kyiv region
- random clients (able to provide income certificate);
- on 27 August trade mark registration certificate has been made public according to which the Bank registered its logo in both Cyrillic and Latin spelling. Latin spelling specifically, according to the brand book of the Bank, should be considered top-priority for usage in all in appropriate cases.
- Subsidiary №2 has been opened to serve the retail clients (private individuals). Decision to open a subsidiary on the premises of Mazeratti show room at the address : T. Shevchenko blvd, 35 was adopted by the Bank’s stake holders on 13 May and on 9 September the subsidiary was officially opened;
- in September 2013 in partnership with PuJSC «FIDOBANK» PJSC CB “EUROBANK” launched internal product that allowed to make decisions on retail credit cards without income certificate;
- in August – November, 2013 PJSC CB “EUROBANK” became a member of the following credit history bureaus: First all-Ukrainian Credit History Bureau, Ukrainian Credit History Bureau as well as International Credit History Bureau;
- in September 2013 the Bank introduced to the market first credit product for external clients without income certificate. It is called “EUROBANK Retail Credit Card” program within which a client may obtain credit limit up to 50 th. UAH. The decision making process takes from 2 to 15 minutes depending on specific client’s profile. A client can order such card in the Bank’s subsidiary, via call center or filling out a form on the website of the Bank;
- the Bank started cooperation with МТІ and Samsung companies. Within the program of promoting retail business the second in Kyiv monobrand Samsung store has been established on the premises of Subsidiary №2 under the terms of sublease. MTI company division (“Protoria” brand) is the retailer to promote Samsung appliances.
- on 30 November PJSC CB “EUROBANK” launched POS loans system under which customers who want to purchase Samsung appliances in monobrand store can obtain a loan with first installment of up to 0%, loan period up to 30 months and with 3 months repayments holiday.
This year was fruitful and intensive. We expect the new year to be not less appealing in the context of new projects.
- car keys from Skoda Octavia were handed over to the winner of the draw among the participants of the promotional event «The more you invest– the more you earn»;
- Bank’s series of deposits has been expanded with «Operatyvnyi» deposit.
- Supervisory Board of PJSC CB «EUROBANK» has adopted the decision to appoint Mr. Oleg Kobzev as acting Chairman of the Board, effective 4 April, 2012;
- the new credit product «Overdraft for legal entities and private entrepreneurs» has been launched.
- «iDepo» - the new deposit product with functionality of long-distance sales has been introduced.
- PJSC CB «EUROBANK» has expanded its correspondent banking relationships and established the new ones with the following foreign banks:
- COMMERZBANK AG, Germany (currency: USD, EUR);
- Union Bancaire Privee, Switzerland (currency: EUR, USD);
- JSCB «Russlavbank» (CJSC), Russia (currency: RUB, USD, EUR).
- PJSC CB «EUROBANK» has managed to expand its ATM partner’s network by 40% by means of signing the agreement with «FINANCE AND CREDIT» Bank. Currently the ATM partner’s network comprises 1 157 АТМs;
- the stake holders of PJSC CB «EUROBANK» completed the deal to purchase SEB-Bank;
- «Nakopitelnyi» – the new deposit with top-up option for legal entities has been launched.
- PJSC CB «EUROBANK» has ratified its new brand book. According to it the overturned letter «E» has become the main symbol of the Bank. It is featured in the overturned way in the shape of a crown under the name of the Bank.
- Rating agency «CREDIT-RATING» has confirmed long-term rating of PJSC CB «EUROBANK» according to the National rating scale at level «uaBBB-» with «sustainable» forecast;
- the stake holders of PJSC CB «EUROBANK» completed the deal to purchase yet another banking institution – Erste Bank JSC;
- the Bank has expanded the functionality of its payment cards to perform the following transactions: cash withdrawal and making payments without the use of a payment card.
Total assets amount of PJSC CB «EUROBANK» has exceeded UAH 1 billion and as of 31 December, 2011 totaled UAH 1, 038 billion.
RA «Credit Rating» acknowledged and provided PJSC CB «EUROBANK» with final BB- credit rating.
Decision on the UAH 60 mln. increase of charter capital of the Bank was approved which has led to twofold increase of charter capital – up to UAH 126,67 mln.; and regulatory capital in this case will comprise UAH 181,36 mln.
PJSC CB «EUROBANK» product range has been improved in the terms of current market environment. The clients of the Bank have been offered new deposit programs as well as «SMS-banking on the current account» service. The range of offers for retail market clients has been also expanded.
Within card business development strategy PJSC CB «EUROBANK» entered «Khreshchatyk» bank ATM network, introduced «GSM-banking» and has significantly expanded range of offerings for payment cards service; the clients have been offered payroll card programs as well as credit cards.
- The new corporate web-site with the use of up to date technology of incoming calls and applications processing was activated.
The new modern system of client remote servicing< «Eurobank 24/7» was implemented. It uses standard communication system via Internet as well as offers the client an opportunity to control his account by means of a cell phone.
PJSC CB «EUROBANK» became a payment agent of Airport Borispol, placing the bonds of C series amounting to UAH 150 mln.
Dmytro Volodymyrovych Furman was appointed the Chairman of the Board. Up to the appointment Dmytro Volodymyrovych held the post of the Deputy Chairman of the Board PJSC CB «EUROBANK» has become an agent for execution of VAT charge through bonds according to the decision of the Cabinet of Ministers.
PJSC CB «EUROBANK» adopted an affiliate program that is aimed at creation of sales channel as an alternative to the network of branch offices. It will increase the Bank's capacity to search and service clients and will also let the Bank offer profitable and high quality service to the clients from those regions where CB «EUROBANK» has no branches of its own.
- PJSC CB «EUROBANK» increased its regulatory capital up to UAH 131,469 mln.
- The Bank launched its own card program and issued the first VISA payment cards (Classic, Gold and Platinum).
CB «EUROBANK» commenced its fruitful cooperation with Амeriсan Еxpress in the sphere of card marketing (Green, Gold, Platinum и Centurion).
- Rating agency «Credit Rating» awarded PJSC CB «EUROBANK» a long-range credit rating at «uaBBB-» level.
- PJSC CB «EUROBANK» started its first ATM at 35 T. Shevchenko blvd., 01032 Kyiv, under the Bank's strategy of card program development.
2009The Bank becomes an associate member of the payment system VISA International with the support of the PJSC «VTB Bank Ukraine».
In connection with the incipient opportunities in the banking market of Ukraine and dynamic growth of the Bank, the Bank’s strategy was amended in favor of substantial increase in Bank’s market share in the priority sectors.
During this period Bank’s product portfolio has been optimized: from September 1st, 2009 the service of mobile phone accounts recharge became available, the work with the money transfer system «Western union» was resumed.
September 7, a new system of motivation of agents and employees of the bank was introduced. A month later — September 30 — according to the Law of Ukraine On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of Ukraine regarding the modalities for the establishment of banks and size of the share capital the bank holds the re-registration of ownership in the Shevchenko district in Kyiv state administration and became a PJSC CB «EUROBANK».
At the same time, the bank continues to expand its line of products. Among other things, introduced a number of credit products: consumer loans secured by car.
The Bank has extended its range of operations and became a member of the PFTS Stock Exchange, as well as a member of the Professional Association of Registrars and Depositories. As a result, PJSC CB «EUROBANK» was enabled to offer the range of additional services to its customers: underwriting, brokerage, dealer services as well as custody services.
Anti-crisis strategy has been introduced.
In PJSC CB «EUROBANK» a long-term development strategy for the Bank has been designed and approved, a tactical plan of strategy implementation has been prepared and realized, experienced team of professionals has been formed.
On January 14th, 2005 the establishment of a bank took place in the form of PJSC CB «EUROBANK», whose main office was located in Kiev, 109/2 Frunze st.
The Bank was registered in the State Register on January, 14th.
On July, 25th Eurobank* gets banking license for conducting all types of banking operations (except operations with precious metals).
On August, 3rd the Bank becomes a member of the Individual Deposits Guarantee Fund.
During the year of 2005 the Bank's employees form the basis for the possibility of high-quality rendering of all basic banking services.